Department of Students Affairs was established at the Institute of Space Technology with the objective to serve IST students, by addressing their needs related to co-curricular & extracurricular activities. Department of Student Affairs works in order to:
- Help students to develop a holistic and well-groomed personality
- To create an environment for students which promotes a sense of belonging
- To engage students and alumni in wider communities, locally, nationally, regionally and internationally
- Promote teamwork, social responsibility and ethics in students of the institute
- Be student–centered, meanwhile providing various platforms where students from diverse backgrounds nurture their personal and professional development.